- what personal data we collect about you;
- why we collect that personal data;
- who we share your personal data with;
- why we might contact you and how you can change that;
- where we use your personal data;
- how we keep your personal data secure; and
- the rights you have in relation to your personal data.
When we talk about "personal data" in this policy, we mean any information which could be used to identify you, either directly or indirectly, for example in combination with any other information we may hold about you.
Personal data collected by Mulberry
We may collect and use the following categories of personal data about you:
(1) Personal data you share with us
When you order from us, either on the Website or on the App, when you register for a Mulberry account or when you sign up to our mailing lists, we may ask for (one or more of) your name, email address, delivery address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, registered address of the card (referred to on Website and App as the “billing address”), card, CVC number, the card's expiry date and a contact phone number for the registered address of the card.
In one of our Mulberry stores, you may be asked if you would like to provide your name, e-mail address or other contact information.
(2) Personal data we collect about you
We collect some personal data, as well as other information in the form of anonymous or aggregate statistics, when you use our Website and App. We may collect:
- IP address;
- MAC address;
- other browser-generated information, e.g. browser type, operating system, date and time of access, how long a person looks at a website, what they look at etc; and
- location information.
We collect some of this information using cookies. You can find more information on what cookies we use, how we use them, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on "Cookies" and in our Cookies Policy.
(3) Personal data we receive from other sources
When you interact with us, or use any of our pages on social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram YouTube and so on, we may collect information about you which could include personal data. For example, when you "Like" a post on our Facebook page, or "Follow" us on Twitter. Those social media sites will also have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal data. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use those social media sites, to make sure that you are happy with them.
Reasons for collecting personal data
(1) Personal data you share with us
We use the personal data you share with us to:
- provide you with our products and to fulfil orders that you place with us on our Website or on our App;
- create and help you manage your Mulberry account;
- allow you to return your Mulberry product, if you change your mind;
- respond to your questions and requests;
- send you newsletters and suggestions on how to care for your Mulberry product;
- notify you of other Mulberry products we think you might like based on your previous purchases;
- remind you of what you may be missing if you have put items in your "Shopping Bag" on the Website or App and then abandoned them; and
- send you information on any changes we make to our policies or terms.
(2) Personal data we collect about you
We use the personal data we collect about you to:
- tailor the way that you interact with us in the future, so that we tailor certain emails and also show you certain adverts, products or offers which we think you may be interested in, both on our Website and App and on certain third party websites (including on social media); and
- analyse how our Website and App are used, so that we can constantly improve the services that we offer.
Not all of the information used for these purposes is "personal data"; some of it is anonymised or used on an aggregate basis.
(3) Personal data we receive from other sources
We use the personal data we receive from other sources to develop an understanding of what people think about our products and services, so that we can constantly improve them.
Sharing of personal data
We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- other companies in the Mulberry group for operational and business reasons, and if you have agreed they can send you marketing e-mails;
- service providers who help us to operate our Website and App, fulfil your orders and deliver our products to you; for example, credit reference agencies, couriers, payment providers, IT support and so on; and
- certain regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, if we need or are requested to.
We may also share personal data collected about you with social media channels, advertising networks and other third parties who help us to understand how our Website and App are being used, how well our advertising works, how we can improve, to provide ad measurement services and to target advertising (and in some cases we may allow those third parties to collect and receive data themselves for these purposes, which they may also collect from elsewhere on the internet and other apps). This information is collected using cookies and other similar technologies. You can find more information on what cookies and technologies are used, how they are used, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on "Cookies" and in our Cookies Policy.
If we decide to sell or buy any parts of our business, we may also need to share your personal data with the buyer of those parts of the business. In those circumstances, we will make sure that any new buyer will promptly give you details of how they will use your personal data, and your options for changing that.
Receiving contact from Mulberry & changing contact preferences
From time to time, we may send you aftercare e-mails relating to your Mulberry product.
We may also send you e-mails with information in relation to any products which are similar to your Mulberry product, and which we think you might like. When you sign up to one of our 'waitlists' for a Mulberry product that is not yet available, we will send you an e-mail to let you when that product becomes available.
We will only send you e-mails with information in relation to any other products, special offers or competitions, if you have agreed that we can (sometimes referred to as an "opt-in"). You can sign up to receive notifications (by e-mail or by post) of our new collections, exclusive online offers and events on our Mulberry Updates page.
We will also only share your personal data with third parties (including companies in the Mulberry group) for them to send you marketing e-mails, if you have agreed that we can.
If you have registered for an account with us, and when shopping online on the Website or App, you have put items in your "Shopping Bag" and then abandoned them, we may send you e-mails to remind you of what you may be missing.
In any case, you can ask us to stop contacting you at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1761 234 273 or by using the unsubscribe option in each e-mail.
Use of personal data by Mulberry
The personal data that we collect about you may be transferred to, accessed, used or stored in, a country outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), either by us or by any of the third parties that we share your personal data with.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, access and use of your personal data outside the EEA.
Security of personal data
We care about your personal data and know that you trust us to keep it secure.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal data, and review those regularly.
Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data on transmission via the internet.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website or App (for example, for your Mulberry account), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Personal data and your rights
You have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
You also have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you.
If you would like to update, correct or access the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on email@example.com or +44 (0) 1761 234 273.
Third party sites
You can find more information on what cookies we use, how we use them, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on "Cookies" and in our Cookies Policy.
Our Website and App are not directed at, nor do we knowingly collect personal data from, people under the age of 13.
If you are a child, please do not attempt to register for a Mulberry product, or otherwise provide us with any personal data.
Competitions & Invitation Only Events
Hint Hint Competition Terms & Conditions
- The competition begins Monday 6th November 10:00 GMT and closes 23:59 GMT on Monday 11th December 2017.
- The promoter of this competition is Mulberry Company (Design) Limited, of The Rookery, Chilcompton, Bath, Somerset BS3 4EH, UK (“Mulberry”)
- Entry to this competition can only be made online via the mulberry.com website via the Hint mechanism on a product listing page.
- All requested details on the ‘Hint’ share function must be provided, and must be correct and accurate.
- How to enter: entrants must share a product via the ‘Hint’ Mechanism on a product-listing page. Once the entrant has entered their email details and the person they wish to share their hint to via email, they must opt in to be entered into the competition to be in the chance of winning. ‘Hints’ shared via social media will not be counted as a competition entry.
- Multiple entries permitted via ‘Hint’ mechanism, only one chance to win per entrant, which will be identified by unique email address.
- Mulberry is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries.
- Mulberry may wish to use the winners' names, for editorial and publicity purposes on the Mulberry website, blog, email, social media or printed communications. It is a condition of entry to this competition that you agree to this use of your name and information.
- By opting in to Mulberry marketing communications you subscribe to Mulberry’s email newsletters where you will receive regular marketing and product information. You can unsubscribe to this at any point.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- Three winners will be randomly selected from the entrants who send a product ‘Hint’ via email and will receive Mulberry products of their choice from the current Mulberry selection on the website to the value of GBP 5,000, EUR 5,600, USD 6,600, CAD 8,350, AUD 8,450, KRW 7,471,350, CNY 43,726, SEK 54,000 or DKK 41,700 (incl VAT/sales taxes), subject to availability (excluding mark-down).
- Mulberry reserves the right to select a similar/equivalent product should the selected ones not be available.
- Product availability depends on stock, and products may be substituted for the nearest match at Mulberry’s discretion. Delivery of the prize must be to a single provided address and may take 2-3 weeks following prize selection. The recipient shall be responsible for any import duties and may need to provide additional information if requested.
- The prize is not transferrable and there is no cash alternative.
- The product received as the prize cannot be exchanged or refunded via the website or stores.
- The product won as part of the prize cannot be sold for commercial gain via any re-seller or re-selling website.
- The winners will be contacted by email on Tuesday 12th December 2017 and must respond within 24 hours otherwise their prize will be void and another winner will be randomly selected.
- This competition is open to everyone over the age of 18 years old, except for employees within the Mulberry group of companies, participating or associated companies and promotions agencies, and the families of the any of the above. When contacted the winner will be required to provide evidence of being over 18 years old.
- Mulberry’s decision on the winning entrants is final.
- Except otherwise stated in these terms and conditions, normal Mulberry terms and conditions apply to the prize and the collection of any data.
- Mulberry reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the competition is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in accordance with all applicable laws or regulations, or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Mulberry that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the competition. Neither Mulberry nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their reasonable control.
- Entry to this competition is governed by the laws of England and Wales. By entering you agree to be bound by the above rules and regulations.