- personal data collected by Mulberry;
- reasons for collecting personal data;
- sharing of personal data;
- receiving contact from Mulberry and changing contact preferences;
- transfer of personal data outside of the United Kingdom ("UK") and the European Economic Area (“EEA”);
- security of personal data;
- personal data and your rights;
- retention of personal data;
- third party sites;
- children; and
When we talk about "personal data" in this policy, we mean any information which could be used to identify you, either directly or indirectly, for example in combination with any other information we may hold about you.
In certain situations, another company within the Mulberry group of companies (“Mulberry Group”) may be the data controller, such as the Mulberry company in the territory in which you live, or a subsidiary or sister company which carries out a specific role for Mulberry. The same policy shall apply to any other company within the Mulberry Group which may collect, control or process your data.
We take security of your personal data seriously and the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) and comply with both UK GDPR and EU GDPR.
We do have a data protection representative based in the EEA (in France) responsible for EU GDPR who can be contacted through EUdatarepresentative@mulberry.com. However, if you are located outside of the UK, we suggest that you still contact our Customer Service team as set out above in the first instance as they will be able to assist you.
If you remain unhappy with a response you receive from us you can also refer to your data protection regulator – in the UK it is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk/concerns). For other EEA countries see https://edps.europa.eu.
Personal data collected by Mulberry
We will collect and use the following categories of personal data about you:
(1) Personal data you share with us
When you order from us, either on the Website or on the App, when you register for a Mulberry account, when you sign up to our mailing lists (eg. news, product updates, sample sale), or when you complete one of our customer feedback surveys or enter a competition, we may ask for (one or more of) your name, title, gender, date of birth, email address, delivery address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, registered address of the card (referred to on the Website and App as the “billing address”), CVC number, the card's expiry date and a contact phone number for the registered address of the card.
(2) Personal data we collect about you in our stores
If you visit one of our Mulberry stores:
- you will be asked if you would like to provide your name, title, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address or phone number;
- we may also collect additional personal data in our client books such as your nationality, your occupation, the company you work for, your children’s names, your interests, your clothing and shoes sizes, and your product preferences;
- you will be asked whether you agree to receive marketing communications via email, phone call, SMS or post, each channel separately; and
- for security reason, you will be filmed by our CCTV system, when visiting our premises
(3) Personal data we collect about you
We collect some personal data, as well as other information in the form of anonymous or aggregate statistics, when you use our Website and App. We may collect:
- IP address;
- MAC address;
- other browser-generated information, e.g. browser type, operating system, date and time of access, how long a person looks at a website, what they look at etc; and
- location information.
We collect some of this information using cookies. You can find more information on what cookies we use, how we use them, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on "Cookies" and in our Cookies Policy.
(4) Personal data we receive from other sources
When you interact with us, or use any of our pages on social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, Weibo and WeChat, we may collect information about you which could include personal data, for example, when you "Like" a post on our Facebook page, or "Follow" us on Twitter. Those social media sites will also have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal data. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use social media sites, to make sure that you are happy with them.
Reasons for collecting personal data
(1) Personal data you share with us
We use the personal data you share with us in order to perform our obligations under any contract we have with you, and specifically to:
- provide you with our products and to fulfil orders that you place with us on our Website or on our App;
- create and help you manage your Mulberry account;
- allow you to return your Mulberry product, if you change your mind;
- respond to your questions and requests; and
- send you information on any changes we make to our policies or terms.
Where you have given us your consent to contact you, we will use your personal data to:
- send you newsletters, marketing communications, products update and suggestions on how to care for your Mulberry product;
- contact you to invite you to special events;
- send you an invite to our sample sale if you have subscribed to it; and
- notify you of other Mulberry products we think you might like based on your previous purchases.
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We use our legitimate interests to enhance your customer experience and provide the best in class service; therefore we will:
- remind you of what you may be missing if you have put items in your "Shopping Bag" on the Website or App and then abandoned them;
- send you surveys for feedback on our services to enhance your customer experience; and
- keep track of your requests and interactions with our customer service, via LiveChat, telephone calls or direct email.
(2) Personal data we collect about you
We use the personal data we collect about you for our legitimate interests so that we can:
- tailor the way that you interact with us in the future, such as tailoring certain emails and also show you certain adverts, products or offers in which we think you may be interested, both on our Website and App and on certain third party websites (including on social media);
- analyse how our Website and App are used, so that we can constantly improve the services that we offer;
- analyse your feedback, and understand your expectations on our products or services to optimize your customer experience;
- record CCTV footage of our premises and visitors for the security and safety of all our staff, visitors and products; and
- retain preferences and other personal data or information disclosed during conversations in store or over the telephone to ensure the best customer experience.
Not all of the information used for these purposes is "personal data"; some of it is anonymised or used on an aggregate basis.
(3) Personal data we receive from other sources
We use the personal data we receive from other sources for our legitimate interests so that we can develop an understanding of what people think about our products and services, so that we can constantly improve them.
If you have opted-in for marketing communications from one of our Mulberry franchise partners, this includes an opt-in for marketing communication from us. You can change your preferences at any time by contacting us on email@example.com, or by calling us on +44 (0) 1761 234 273, or by using the unsubscribe option in each e-mail, or via your online Mulberry account “My Mulberry”.
Sharing of personal data
We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- other companies in the Mulberry Group for operational and business reasons, and if you have agreed they can send you marketing e-mails;
- service providers who help us to operate our Website and App, fulfil your orders and deliver our products to you; for example, credit reference agencies, couriers, payment providers, IT support and so on;
- market research and customer survey companies to help us develop and improve your customer experience. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from disclosing or sharing this information with anyone other than Mulberry;
- fulfilment companies to send mailing to your postal address if you have consented to receive mailings; and
- certain regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, if we need to do so or are requested to do so.
We will also share personal data collected about you with social media channels, advertising networks and other third parties who help us to understand how our Website and App are being used, how well our advertising works and how we can improve; to provide ad measurement services and to target advertising (and in some cases, we may allow those third parties to collect and receive data themselves for these purposes, which they may also collect from elsewhere on the internet and other apps). This information is collected using cookies and other similar technologies. You can find more information on what cookies and technologies are used, how they are used, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on "Cookies" and in our Cookies Policy.
If we decide to sell or buy any parts of our business, we may also need to share your personal data with the buyer of those parts of the business. In those circumstances, we will make sure that any new buyer will promptly give you details of how they will use your personal data, and your options for changing that.
We will not sell your personal data to any third party.
Receiving contact from Mulberry & changing contact preferences
From time to time, we will send you aftercare e-mails relating to your Mulberry product.
Where you have consented, we will also send you e-mails with information in relation to any products which are similar to your Mulberry product, and which we think you might like.
When you sign up to one of our 'waitlists' for a Mulberry product that is not yet available, we will send you an e-mail to let you know when that product becomes available, but we will not send you any marketing communications as a result of this subscription.
We will only send you e-mails with information in relation to any other products, special offers or competitions, if you have agreed that we can (sometimes referred to as an "opt-in"). You can sign up to receive communications by e-mail, by post, by text/SMS or by telephone call about our new collections, exclusive online offers and events.
We will also only share your personal data with third parties (including companies in the Mulberry Group) for them to send you marketing e-mails or communications, if you have agreed that we can send you such communications.
In any case, you can ask us to change your communications preferences or to stop contacting you at any time, by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us on +44 (0) 1761 234 273, or by using the unsubscribe option in each e-mail, or via your online Mulberry account “My Mulberry”.
Transfers of personal data outside the UK and/or European Economic Area
The personal data that we collect about you may be transferred to, accessed, used or stored in, a country outside the UK and/or outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), either by us or by any of the third parties with whom we share your personal data.
Security of personal data
We care about your personal data and know that you trust us to keep it secure.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal data, and review those regularly.
Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data on transmission via the internet.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website or App (for example, for your “My Mulberry” account), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Personal data and your rights
You have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
You also have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you. To prevent fraudulent access, we shall require you to provide suitable ID to confirm who you are, before we provide any personal data to you.
If you have an online customer account, you can amend or update your information by logging into “My Mulberry” on the Website or App and amending your details as appropriate.
If you have created a customer account in-store, you can amend or update your information by contacting us on email@example.com, or by calling us on +44 (0) 1761 234 273.
In any cases, if you would like to update, correct or access the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us on +44 (0) 1761 234 273.
If you wish us to erase your personal data or restrict our processing of your personal data please contact our customer service on email@example.com or call us on +44 (0) 1761 234 273.To prevent fraudulent requests, we shall ask you to provide suitable ID to confirm your identity before we erase any personal data.
Third party sites
You can find more information on what cookies we use, how we use them, and your options for changing how we use them in our Cookies Policy.
Our Website and App are not directed at, nor do we knowingly collect personal data from, people under the age of 13.
If you are a child, please do not attempt to register for a Mulberry product, or otherwise provide us with any personal data.