Care & Repairs
Mulberry creates beautiful leather bags from the most carefully chosen and exquisite natural leathers. Many different types of natural leathers are used for our products. The leather used is of the highest quality, and from reputable, ethical sources.
All of our patterns are unique and designed in-house. Natural leathers are left untreated for a pure finish, and can vary in shade and texture.
Different leathers age in different ways and some are more delicate than others. Many of our customers love leathers to acquire a vintage patina and some don't - both are fine! But if you understand how Mulberry leathers age and how they should be cared for then you will be able to choose one that suits you and your requirements.
As a general rule, you should take care to avoid rubbing delicate, smooth or patent leather types against rough or sharp surfaces to minimise scratching.
Should your product get wet, remove any residual water immediately with a paper towel, pack loosely with paper and allow it to dry naturally.
If you have any specific enquiries about the leather we use or caring for your product, please contact Customer Services on +0061 3 9646 3758 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alphabet Personalisation Stickers
Instructions for application
- Peel off the liner tape at the back of sticker.
- Stick on to selected product instantly and hold it down for a short period.
- The sticker will be fully attached on to the product after 72 hours.
Terms & Conditions
- The Stickers are created to stick securely to any flat, rigid surface on a bag or small leather good. They are not suitable for every product. We do not recommend that you stick them on curved surfaces or softer/slouchy bags as the Sticker is stiff, will not bend with the product and may become partly unstuck.
- Do not use the Stickers on haircalf, silky snake, exotic, embellished or embossed products or products which are not smooth in finish.
- If you are applying a sticker to a product which has previously had care products applied to it, you may find that the sticker does not stick securely and may peel. Mulberry takes no responsibility for stickers that peel when applied to a product on which care products have been used.
- Please ensure your product is on a flat surface and dust free and decide on the position of your Sticker before peeling off the backing.
- Once the Sticker has been applied to the product it cannot be removed and attempts to remove the Sticker will damage the product.
- Your product needs to be left flat and still for at least 72 hours after application of the Sticker for the glue to bond with the product; earlier use may cause the Sticker to become partly unstuck.
- Stickers cannot be returned after the backing has been peeled off.
- Products cannot be returned after a Sticker has been applied to them. This includes if you have changed your mind as regards your purchase or during the 14 days following an order online. Gifts which have a Sticker applied to them cannot be returned. Your right to return the product ends once the Sticker has been applied (this does not affect your statutory rights).
- Do not expose the Sticker or product to direct heat.
- Do not iron the Sticker.
- Mulberry is not liable for any damage caused to or by the Stickers, during or after application, or damage to products as a result of application of the Sticker or attempted removal, or due to the incorrect use or application of the Sticker, or where care products have previously been used.
Mulberry sources a number of exotic leathers which come from species listed in the Convention on the International Trade in Endangered Species of Flora and Fauna (CITES) Appendix II which means that trade may take place without detriment to the species, but must be controlled within the CITES quotas based on scientific findings.
Mulberry has worked carefully with its suppliers in order to create direct supply chains for its python and lizard and alligator skin requirements, so we can be assured of the source of our materials.
Mulberry is a Founding Member of the Responsible Ecosystems Sourcing Platform (RESP), an organisation that is working to provide a traceable, legal, sustainable and humane supply chain for reptile skins. In 2016 RESP is launching pilot projects in Italy, Mexico, Colombia and Indonesia to trial a new traceability system, as well as helping develop leading practices on sustainable management and animal welfare for python and crocodilian species in these countries.
For more information about purchasing CITES-controlled products please contact our Customer Services Team.
We offer a repairs service for bags that develop a defect such as a faulty zip or lock, or have been subject to wear and tear over time. Mulberry bags are made with a great deal of care and attention, and defects are rare. Although not all of our bags can be repaired, the team will always carefully assess each bag and advise you on what can and cannot be done to rectify things.
Repairing Your Bag
All our bags carry a 12-month guarantee from the date of purchase. If within this period you detect a fault, the bag will be repaired or, if necessary, replaced at no extra cost. (An original proof of purchase will be required). We also offer a repairs service for bags outside of their guarantee, for a fee.
Arranging a Repair Assessment
Take your bag into any Mulberry store and our team will take a few details and arrange to have your bag sent to the repairs team for assessment.
If you are unable to get to a store, please contact our Customer Services Team on +0061 3 9646 3758 or email@example.com.
The Repairs Process
If the Repairs team believes that your bag can be repaired they will get in touch with a quote for the work and ask if you wish to proceed. Please note, if you returned your bag to us via a store, it will be the store who contacts you regarding your quote. If your bag is still inside the guarantee period and you have proof of purchase, you will not be charged for the repair.
Our repair timescales can vary dependent upon the exact nature of the repair required. Each product is assessed thoroughly on a case by case basis, and all repairs are carried out individually by hand, by one or more of our highly specialised artisans. We always want to ensure that we take the very best care of your bag, and it can take time to repair a bag that has aged and changed over time.
We do not currently offer a cleaning service. There are independent companies that offer this, but they have not been approved by Mulberry or officially tested on our products.
Replacement Screws and Straps
We cannot send out any parts directly to you. If you are missing a screw or strap you need to send your bag back to the Repairs Centre so it can be properly repaired by our skilled craftsmen. We always want to ensure a bag is properly repaired, and that the leathers and components are matched as closely as possible by our expert team.
We have an extensive collection of components and leathers but there are occasions where components are no longer part of the collections and are not available to re-order, or our supply of original leather has been exhausted. If either of these circumstances applies, we would be happy to offer a closest alternative wherever possible.
We strive to ensure every repair is carried out to the highest quality standard and always aim for the nearest possible leather or component match to an individual bag. New leather will always vary slightly to the original especially for some of our older bags where the leather has aged beautifully over time.
If you have any further questions about Mulberry's repairs service, please contact our Customer Repairs Team on +61 3 9646 3758 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More about the Mulberry Guarantee