Accessing the website
As part of using the Website you may set-up a Mulberry account using an e-mail address and password ("Account Details"). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account Details and are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them.
We do not have the means to check the identities of people using the Website and will not be responsible for losses suffered by you where your Account Details are used by someone else unless this is due to our negligence.
You agree to notify our Customer Services team immediately, if you become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of your Account Details.
You confirm that:
(a) any information and details provided by you to us (including on registration) are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times; and
(b) you will at all times comply with these terms and conditions.
You agree that in using the Website you will not:
(a) use the Website for any unlawful purpose or in a way which infringes the rights of anyone else or restricts or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Website;
(b) use the Website in any way that interrupts, damages, impairs or renders the Website less efficient;
(c) impersonate any other person (living or dead), misrepresent your connection with a person or entity, or provide false or otherwise misleading information;
(d) transfer files that contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs;
(e) authorise, encourage or assist any other person to, copy, modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter or otherwise tamper with any software (including source code), databases and other technology that forms part of the Website;
(f) penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Website's security measures; or
(g) email, publish or otherwise disseminate any content which is defamatory, obscene, or may have the effect of being harassing, threatening or abusive to an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability or that is otherwise inappropriate.
(h) You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and that they comply with them.
We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the Website at any time without notice if we have reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of the above restrictions or any other provision of these terms and conditions. This shall not limit our right to take any other action against you that we consider appropriate to defend our rights or those of any other person.
Your use of the Website and its contents grants no rights to you in relation to our intellectual property rights ("IPR") or the IPR of any third parties. We own or are licensed to use all IPR existing in, or in relation to, the Website and its contents. All rights and IPR in or relating to any third party content, branding, logos and registered and unregistered trade marks are owned by such third parties or their licensors.
You are permitted to download and print content from the Website solely for your personal use. Website content must not be copied or reproduced, modified, redistributed, used or otherwise dealt with for any other reason without our express written permission. You are specifically not entitled to use the content of the Website for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
Availability and content
We provide the Website on an 'as-is' basis and do not guarantee that the Website will be available or fault free and do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions. We may suspend or terminate the Website without notice at any time if we feel this is necessary (for example to perform upgrades or maintenance).
We provide the content on the Website in good faith but make no statement that any content is accurate complete or up-to-date, nor that the Website does not infringe the rights of any third party.
We accept no responsibility or liability for your reliance on the Website and any reliance is entirely at your own risk. While we take reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses and/or other malicious programs in the Website, we accept no liability for them.
We may provide links to other websites as part of the Website. You acknowledge that:
(a) we do not control such third party websites and are not responsible for their contents;
(b) we will not be party to any transaction or contract with a third party that you may enter into via such websites;
(c) we shall not be liable to you in respect of any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites; and
(d) you agree that you will not involve us in any dispute between you and the third party.
You may not link to our Website or display the contents of our Website surrounded, framed or otherwise surrounded by material not origination from Mulberry without our prior written permission.
Uploading material to the website
Each time you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to the Website, or to make contact with other users of the Website, you must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in the terms and conditions.
We will have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties for any purpose any material which you upload to the Website.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Website.
We have the right, without notice, to remove any material or posting which you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in these terms and conditions.
We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees or agents.
You have certain rights under law. These include that we will provide the Website with reasonable skill and care. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect these legal rights.
If we breach these terms and conditions we shall only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of entering into these terms and conditions.
We are not responsible for:
(a) losses not caused by our breach;
Transactions concluded through our website
If you are a consumer, you may make purchases of products and services on this Website for personal, domestic and non-commercial purposes. Contracts for the supply of goods or services made using our Website are on our terms of sale.
From time to time, we may invite you to register with us for an exclusive opportunity to place an order for goods from us prior to those goods becoming generally available from our Website or in-store.
Any registration with us does not constitute an order for goods. There is no obligation on you to place an order for goods and we will generally not ask for any payment or delivery details from you at this stage.
Where we specify a time period for registration, any registration received by us outside of this period will not be accepted. We will confirm your registration through our automatic screen confirmation of the pre-order and we may also follow this up with a confirmatory email. Please note that at this stage you have not placed an order for goods with us.
Where you have successfully registered with us, we may then contact you with details of how to place an order for goods with us. There is no obligation on us to sell goods to you, to make goods available to you for purchase or to accept any order for goods which you may place. Any order for goods that you place with us is subject to our Terms of Sale.
We will use the contact details that you provide to us on registration. We accept no responsibility for any errors contained in any pre-order which you register with us or for any correspondence from us which is not received by you.
We may update or amend these terms and conditions from time to time to comply with law or to meet our changing business requirements without notice to you. Any updates or amendments will be posted on the Website. By continuing to use the Website, you agree to be bound by the terms of these updates and amendments.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Website ("Contributions"), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in Japan and in any country from which they are posted.
- Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right, or trade mark of any other person or any other third party’s rights and interests;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We may wish to transfer our rights or obligations or sub-contract our obligations under these terms and conditions to another other legal entity. You agree that we may do so provided that this will not adversely affect the standard of the service you receive under these terms and conditions.
In the case of transfer only, after we notify you of the date on which we will transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another legal entity, your only rights under or in connection with these terms and conditions will be against the new legal entity and not against us.
These terms and conditions are personal to you. You may not transfer your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to anyone else.
If you breach these terms and conditions and we take no action against you, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these terms and conditions. If any part of these terms and conditions is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
These terms and conditions are not intended to give rights to anyone except you and us. This does not affect our right to transfer these terms and conditions.
We will do our best to resolve any disputes over these terms and conditions. If you wish to take court proceedings against us you must do so within Japan. The laws of Japan will apply.
Mulberry Exchange (“Exchange”) - Online Terms and Conditions
MULBERRY COMPANY (DESIGN) LIMITED ("MULBERRY")
Mulberry is offering Customers the opportunity to exchange their genuine preloved Mulberry bags (“the Preloved Bag”) for credit to spend on any new Mulberry product (“the New Product”) under the Terms and Conditions detailed below.
1. The Customer shall complete an online request form (“Request Form”) (www.mulberry.com/buy-back-form) and send this, together with a variety of images of the Preloved Bag and confirmation if they have proof of purchase to Mulberry at the email address specified on the Request Form. It is important that the Customer provides images of the Preloved Bag from all angles, both externally and internally, in particular showing any damage or wear to the Preloved Bag so that Mulberry can make a proper assessment. All fields need to be completed on the Request Form. Upon receipt of the Request Form and images, Mulberry will inspect the images and decide whether, in its discretion, the Preloved Bag may be suitable for the Exchange offer.
2. If Mulberry considers the Preloved Bag may be suitable for the Exchange offer, Mulberry will contact the Customer by email and provide a quote for the buyback of the Preloved Bag (“Quote”). The Quote is subject to these Terms and Conditions and in particular point 5 below.
3. The Customer will have 30 days from receipt of the Quote to confirm if they wish to proceed with the Exchange offer, after which time the Quote is no longer valid.
4. To accept the Quote the Customer shall email Mulberry customer services who will then arrange for the Preloved Bag to be collected from the Customer at Mulberry’s cost and delivered to Mulberry for inspection. Alternatively, the Customer can take their Preloved Bag into one of the Mulberry stores specified in point 8 below to be sent to Mulberry for inspection.
5. Mulberry will only accept genuine Pre-loved Bags as part of the Exchange offer. It cannot accept Exotics or items sold under specific non-resale terms as part of the Exchange offer. If upon receipt, the Pre-loved Bag is found not to meet the above criteria, the Quote is automatically void, the Customer shall be contacted by email and the Pre-loved Bag returned.
6. If Mulberry decides to Exchange the Preloved Bag, the Quote shall be for 25% of the original purchase price on presentation of the original receipt; or if no original receipt is available then 25% of the last selling price for the item (which may be a sale price) may be offered (“the Credit”) for the Customer to spend on New Product which includes bags, purses, wallets, keyrings, scarves, shoes, etc and would also include other preloved items from Mulberry Exchange.
7. Credit offered to the Customer shall be given via a Mulberry Gift Card which can then be used towards a New Product. Mulberry’s standard terms and conditions shall apply to the Gift Cards issued as the Credit.
8. As specified in point 2 above, and after having sent the Request Form the Customer can send their Preloved Bag directly to Mulberry for inspection. Alternatively, the Preloved Bag can be taken to any of the following Mulberry stores which will send the Preloved Bag to Mulberry: Regent Street, Bond Street, Gees Court, Edinburgh and Manchester stores; additional stores may be added (see website for details).
9. Once the Customer has accepted the Exchange offer in accordance with point 4 above, and the gift card for the Credit has been issued, all risk and title in the Preloved Bag passes to Mulberry. The Customer will be unable to cancel the Exchange or request the return of the Preloved Bag after this point in any circumstances.
10. In accepting the Quote offered by Mulberry for their Preloved Bag the Customer shall be confirming they fully understand and accept these Terms and Conditions.
11. Mulberry reserves the right to refuse to apply this Exchange offer to any Preloved Bag in its absolute discretion.
12. No cash alternatives are available under this offer. Gift Cards are valid for 24 months from issue.
13. In offering the Preloved bag to Mulberry under the Exchange the Customer is confirming that they own the Preloved Bag and have the right to dispose of it.
14. The Customer must ensure that the Preloved Bag is free from any belongings. Mulberry takes no responsibility for the loss or damage of any belongings left in the Preloved Bags and Mulberry is under no obligation to return such items.
15. The normal Mulberry Terms and Conditions of Sale shall apply to all purchases from Mulberry.
16. These Terms and Conditions may be subject to change without notice.