Care & Repairs
We offer a range of repairs services for Mulberry items of any age. It is not always possible to fulfil every request however we will always try our best.
Mulberry items carry a 12-month guarantee from the original date of purchase. If within this period, you detect a fault your item will be repaired or if necessary, replaced free of charge (an original proof of purchase will be required.) We still offer repairs for items outside of this timeframe at an additional cost.
Each repair is carried out to the highest quality standard. Whilst we always look for the nearest possible leather or component match, sometimes this is not always possible, especially for our older items that have aged beautifully over time. In this instance, we will work with you to find the best possible options.
Arranging an Assessment
- You can visit any of our Mulberry stores including concessions such as John Lewis.
- Return your item directly to us.
If you visit us in store, we will examine your item and depending on the nature of the request, provide you with a quote. If your item needs specialist work, it will be sent back to Somerset for our repairs team to personally view and assess. The Mulberry in store team will be your main point of contact throughout the repairs process.
If you do return your item directly to us, please make sure you complete and include a copy of our Repairs Request Form. Always package your items securely and send using a trackable delivery service such as Royal Mail Signed For.
If your item can be repaired, we will get in touch with a quotation for the applicable work. Once we have your approval the work will begin. If you do not wish to proceed or we are unable to complete your request, we will be happy to return your item.
If your repair is covered by our guarantee, we will go ahead and complete the necessary work.
The assessment can take up to 2 – 3 weeks to be completed from the date received into our repairs centre.
Whilst your quote will outline the estimated timeframe for the work to be completed, timescales can vary depending on the nature of the repair. Each item is viewed individually and repaired with care by hand. For some of our older items, repairs can take a little longer as the leathers will have aged and changed.
We do not currently offer a cleaning service. There are independent companies that offer this, but they have not been approved by Mulberry or officially tested on our products.
Replacement Screws and Components
We have an extensive collection of components. If you are missing a screw or would like your lock to be replaced, please return your item to us with a completed repairs form. We are unable to send out any parts directly as our skilled artisans will correctly match your new components in house. There are occasions where certain components are no longer available. If this is the case, we will be happy to offer the closet alternative where possible.
If you are looking to replace your strap, please send a completed repairs form to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be in touch with a quotation.
If you have any further questions about Mulberry's repairs service, please contact Customer Repairs on +44 (0) 1749 822 131 or email@example.com
More about the Mulberry Guarantee
Mulberry uses many different types and styles of leather for its bags and accessories. The leather used is of the highest quality, and from reputable, ethical sources.
All of our patterns are unique and designed in-house.
Different leathers age in different ways and some are more delicate than others. Some people love their bags to acquire a vintage, used look and some don't - both are fine! But if you understand how Mulberry leathers age and how they should be cared for then you will be able to choose one that suits you and your requirements.
- Natural leathers are left untreated for a pure finish, and can vary in shade and texture.
- Care should be taken to avoid rubbing delicate, smooth or patent leathers against rough or sharp surfaces to minimise scratching.
- Should your product get wet, please remove any residual water immediately with a paper towl, pack loosely with paper and allow it to dry naturally.
Do you have a specific question about the material care?
Please give us a call:
Tel: +44 (0) 1761 234 273
Mulberry sources a number of exotic leathers which come from species listed in the Convention on the International Trade in Endangered Species of Flora and Fauna (CITES) Appendix II which means that trade may take place without detriment to the species, but must be controlled within the CITES quotas based on scientific findings.
Mulberry has worked carefully with its suppliers in order to create direct supply chains for its python and lizard and alligator skin requirements, so we can be assured of the source of our materials.
Mulberry is a Founding Member of the Responsible Ecosystems Sourcing Platform (RESP), an organisation that is working to provide a traceable, legal, sustainable and humane supply chain for reptile skins. In 2016 RESP is launching pilot projects in Italy, Mexico, Colombia and Indonesia to trial a new traceability system, as well as helping develop leading practices on sustainable management and animal welfare for python and crocodilian species in these countries.
For more information about purchasing CITES-controlled products please contact our Customer Services Team.
Alphabet Personalisation Stickers
Instructions for application
- Peel off the liner tape at the back of sticker.
- Stick on to selected product instantly and hold it down for a short period.
- The sticker will be fully attached on to the product after 72 hours.
Terms & Conditions
- The Stickers are created to stick securely to any flat, rigid surface on a bag or small leather good. They are not suitable for every product. We do not recommend that you stick them on curved surfaces or softer/slouchy bags as the Sticker is stiff, will not bend with the product and may become partly unstuck.
- Do not use the Stickers on haircalf, silky snake, exotic, embellished or embossed products or products which are not smooth in finish.
- If you are applying a sticker to a product which has previously had care products applied to it, you may find that the sticker does not stick securely and may peel. Mulberry takes no responsibility for stickers that peel when applied to a product on which care products have been used.
- Please ensure your product is on a flat surface and dust free and decide on the position of your Sticker before peeling off the backing.
- Once the Sticker has been applied to the product it cannot be removed and attempts to remove the Sticker will damage the product.
- Your product needs to be left flat and still for at least 72 hours after application of the Sticker for the glue to bond with the product; earlier use may cause the Sticker to become partly unstuck.
- Stickers cannot be returned after the backing has been peeled off.
- Products cannot be returned after a Sticker has been applied to them. This includes if you have changed your mind as regards your purchase or during the 14 days following an order online. Gifts which have a Sticker applied to them cannot be returned. Your right to return the product ends once the Sticker has been applied (this does not affect your statutory rights).
- Do not expose the Sticker or product to direct heat.
- Do not iron the Sticker.
- Mulberry is not liable for any damage caused to or by the Stickers, during or after application, or damage to products as a result of application of the Sticker or attempted removal, or due to the incorrect use or application of the Sticker, or where care products have previously been used.