EFFECTIVE DATE 18th July, 2016
Mulberry Company USA Inc., 475 Park Avenue South, 19th Floor, New York, New York, 10016, USA (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy and meeting the requirements of applicable data protection legislation.
When you shop on www.mulberry.com (the Website) which we own and maintain, we require information to process your order, ensure safe and secure delivery, and to make your visit to the Website a more enjoyable shopping experience.
Personal data collected by Mulberry
When you order from the Website, we will ask for your name, email address, delivery address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, registered address of the credit card (referred to on site as the “billing address”, credit card, CVC number the card's expiry date and a contact phone number for the registered address of the credit card. We and our partners will use these details to provide our and their services to you in fulfilling orders that you place with us. This may include us passing your information to our couriers in the event they need to contact you regarding your delivery and us passing your details to recognised credit checking agencies and/or credit card companies to assess your credit authorisation.
We may also obtain and use information about you as a result of authentication or identity checks (including your IP address). We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies outside of our group of companies. We do not share personal information with third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes.
Any data we do collect is used by us to help make the shopping experience we provide as enjoyable as possible and improve any future shopping experiences you have with us, and to send you details of any services or offers which we think might be of interest to you. We may contact you by email, telephone or by post with marketing information, but only if you have registered with us for such information and we will cease to do so if you later inform us that would not like to receive such information.
Finally, we may also collect anonymised details about visitors to the Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
By using our Website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by us, and also acknowledge and agree that we shall not be held responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent that we are required to accept such responsibility.
Reasons for collecting personal data
(1) Personal data you share with us
We use the personal data you share with us to:
- provide you with our products and to fulfil orders that you place with us on our Website or on our App;
- create and help you manage your Mulberry account;
- allow you to return your Mulberry product, if you change your mind;
- respond to your questions and requests;
- send you newsletters and suggestions on how to care for your Mulberry product;
- notify you of other Mulberry products we think you might like based on your previous purchases;
- remind you of what you may be missing if you have put items in your "Shopping Bag" on the Website or App and then abandoned them; and
- send you information on any changes we make to our policies or terms.
(2) Personal data we collect about you
We use the personal data we collect about you to:
- tailor the way that you interact with us in the future, so that we tailor certain emails and also show you certain adverts, products or offers which we think you may be interested in, both on our Website and App and on certain third party websites (including on social media); and
- analyse how our Website and App are used, so that we can constantly improve the services that we offer.
Not all of the information used for these purposes is "personal data"; some of it is anonymised or used on an aggregate basis.
(3) Personal data we receive from other sources
We use the personal data we receive from other sources to develop an understanding of what people think about our products and services, so that we can constantly improve them.
Sharing of personal data
We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- other companies in the Mulberry group for operational and business reasons, and if you have agreed they can send you marketing e-mails;
- service providers who help us to operate our Website and App, fulfil your orders and deliver our products to you; for example, credit reference agencies, couriers, payment providers, IT support and so on; and
- certain regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, if we need or are requested to.
We may also share personal data collected about you with social media channels, advertising networks and other third parties who help us to understand how our Website and App are being used, how well our advertising works, how we can improve, to provide ad measurement services and to target advertising (and in some cases we may allow those third parties to collect and receive data themselves for these purposes, which they may also collect from elsewhere on the internet and other apps). This information is collected using cookies and other similar technologies. You can find more information on what cookies and technologies are used, how they are used, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on "Cookies" and in our Cookies Policy.
If we decide to sell or buy any parts of our business, we may also need to share your personal data with the buyer of those parts of the business. In those circumstances, we will make sure that any new buyer will promptly give you details of how they will use your personal data, and your options for changing that.
Receiving contact from Mulberry & changing contact preferences
From time to time, we may send you aftercare e-mails relating to your Mulberry product.
We may also send you e-mails with information in relation to any products which are similar to your Mulberry product, and which we think you might like. When you sign up to one of our 'waitlists' for a Mulberry product that is not yet available, we will send you an e-mail to let you when that product becomes available.
We will only send you e-mails with information in relation to any other products, special offers or competitions, if you have agreed that we can (sometimes referred to as an "opt-in"). You can sign up to receive notifications (by e-mail or by post) of our new collections, exclusive online offers and events on our Mulberry Updates page.
We will also only share your personal data with third parties (including companies in the Mulberry group) for them to send you marketing e-mails, if you have agreed that we can.
If you have registered for an account with us, and when shopping online on the Website or App, you have put items in your "Shopping Bag" and then abandoned them, we may send you e-mails to remind you of what you may be missing.
In any case, you can ask us to stop contacting you at any time by contacting us on email@example.com or +44 (0) 1761 234 273 or by using the unsubscribe option in each e-mail.
Use of personal data by Mulberry
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the U.S.
It may also be processed by staff operating outside the U.S, who work for us or for one of our suppliers, group companies or franchisees. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Security of personal data
We care about your personal data and know that you trust us to keep it secure.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal data, and review those regularly.
Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data on transmission via the internet.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website or App (for example, for your Mulberry account), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Personal data and your rights
You have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
You also have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you.
If you would like to update, correct or access the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1761 234 273.
Third party sites
You can find more information on what cookies we use, how we use them, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on "Cookies" and in our Cookies Policy.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, our Website does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Our Website and App are not directed at, nor do we knowingly collect personal data from, people under the age of 13.
If you are a child, please do not attempt to register for a Mulberry product, or otherwise provide us with any personal data.
Terms & Conditions for Mulberry Competition
By taking part in this Promotion you, the customer, agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to take part in the Promotion, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The promoter of this Promotion is Mulberry Company (USA) Inc., 475 Park Avenue South, Floor 19 NY, NY 10016 ("Mulberry").
- The Promotion begins at 11:00am EST on Friday, July 21st 2017 and closes at 6:00pm EST on Sunday, July 23rd 2017 (“the Promotion Period”).
- Entry to the Promotion can only be made by completing an Entry Form (“Entry Form”) in person in the Mulberry store at 134 Spring Street, New York. All requested details on the Entry Form must be provided and must be correct and accurate.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Promotion.
- Mulberry is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries.
- One winner will be randomly selected by Mulberry at the end of the Promotion Period and the winner will be contacted using the information provided on the Entry Form. Mulberry’s decision is final.
- Mulberry reserves the right to pick a replacement winner should the first winner not respond within 5 working days.
- The prize is a choice of one bag from the New Bayswater Family (New Bayswater, Bayswater with Strap, Zipped Bayswater, Bayswater Backpack, and Bayswater Tote); this offer excludes all exotic leathers and must be available within the Spring Street Store inventory. • In the event that, for reasons beyond Mulberry’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, Mulberry is unable to provide the prize described in these Terms and Conditions, Mulberry reserves the right to award an alternative product or element of the prize of a similar nature and value at its sole discretion.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, the product cannot be exchanged or refunded via Mulberry’s website or stores and there is no cash alternative.
- The product received as the prize cannot be sold for commercial gain via any re-seller or re-selling website. If the prize is given away, the condition of the gift must be that the product cannot be subsequently sold on by the recipient.
- Mulberry may wish to use the winner’s name (and potentially a photograph) for editorial and publicity purposes on the Mulberry website, blog, email, social media or printed communications. It is a condition of entry to this Promotion that you agree to the use of your name, information and photograph in this way.
- Except otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions, normal Mulberry terms and conditions apply to the prize and the collection of any data.
- This Promotion is open to customers over the age of 18 years old, except for employees of Mulberry or any of its group of companies, employees of participating or associated companies, promotions agencies, anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion, and the families or household members of all of the above. ID may be required.
- Mulberry reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in accordance with all applicable laws or regulations, or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Mulberry that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Promotion. Neither Mulberry nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their reasonable control.
- Mulberry will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from customers’ participation in the Promotion or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Promotion. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Mulberry's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
- Entry to this Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of New York and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York shall apply. By entering you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and laws.