- what personal data we collect about you;
- why we collect that personal data;
- who we share your personal data with;
- why we might contact you and how you can change that;
- where we use your personal data;
- how we keep your personal data secure; and
- the rights you have in relation to your personal data.
When we talk about "personal data" in this policy, we mean any information which could be used to identify you, either directly or indirectly, for example in combination with any other information we may hold about you.
Personal data collected by Mulberry
We may collect and use the following categories of personal data about you:
(1) Personal data you share with us
When you order from us, either on the Website or on the App, when you register for a Mulberry account or when you sign up to our mailing lists, we may ask for (one or more of) your name, email address, delivery address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, registered address of the card (referred to on Website and App as the “billing address”), card, CVC number, the card's expiry date and a contact phone number for the registered address of the card.
In one of our Mulberry stores, you may be asked if you would like to provide your name, e-mail address or other contact information.
(2) Personal data we collect about you
We collect some personal data, as well as other information in the form of anonymous or aggregate statistics, when you use our Website and App. We may collect:
- IP address;
- MAC address;
- other browser-generated information, e.g. browser type, operating system, date and time of access, how long a person looks at a website, what they look at etc; and
- location information.
We collect some of this information using cookies. You can find more information on what cookies we use, how we use them, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on "Cookies" and in our Cookies Policy.
(3) Personal data we receive from other sources
When you interact with us, or use any of our pages on social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram YouTube and so on, we may collect information about you which could include personal data. For example, when you "Like" a post on our Facebook page, or "Follow" us on Twitter. Those social media sites will also have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal data. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use those social media sites, to make sure that you are happy with them.
Reasons for collecting personal data
(1) Personal data you share with us
We use the personal data you share with us to:
- provide you with our products and to fulfil orders that you place with us on our Website or on our App;
- create and help you manage your Mulberry account;
- allow you to return your Mulberry product, if you change your mind;
- respond to your questions and requests;
- send you newsletters and suggestions on how to care for your Mulberry product;
- notify you of other Mulberry products we think you might like based on your previous purchases;
- remind you of what you may be missing if you have put items in your "Shopping Bag" on the Website or App and then abandoned them; and
- send you information on any changes we make to our policies or terms.
(2) Personal data we collect about you
We use the personal data we collect about you to:
- tailor the way that you interact with us in the future, so that we tailor certain emails and also show you certain adverts, products or offers which we think you may be interested in, both on our Website and App and on certain third party websites (including on social media); and
- analyse how our Website and App are used, so that we can constantly improve the services that we offer.
Not all of the information used for these purposes is "personal data"; some of it is anonymised or used on an aggregate basis.
(3) Personal data we receive from other sources
We use the personal data we receive from other sources to develop an understanding of what people think about our products and services, so that we can constantly improve them.
Sharing of personal data
We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- other companies in the Mulberry group for operational and business reasons, and if you have agreed they can send you marketing e-mails;
- service providers who help us to operate our Website and App, fulfil your orders and deliver our products to you; for example, credit reference agencies, couriers, payment providers, IT support and so on; and
- certain regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, if we need or are requested to.
We may also share personal data collected about you with social media channels, advertising networks and other third parties who help us to understand how our Website and App are being used, how well our advertising works, how we can improve, to provide ad measurement services and to target advertising (and in some cases we may allow those third parties to collect and receive data themselves for these purposes, which they may also collect from elsewhere on the internet and other apps). This information is collected using cookies and other similar technologies. You can find more information on what cookies and technologies are used, how they are used, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on "Cookies" and in our Cookies Policy.
If we decide to sell or buy any parts of our business, we may also need to share your personal data with the buyer of those parts of the business. In those circumstances, we will make sure that any new buyer will promptly give you details of how they will use your personal data, and your options for changing that.
Receiving contact from Mulberry & changing contact preferences
From time to time, we may send you aftercare e-mails relating to your Mulberry product.
We may also send you e-mails with information in relation to any products which are similar to your Mulberry product, and which we think you might like. When you sign up to one of our 'waitlists' for a Mulberry product that is not yet available, we will send you an e-mail to let you when that product becomes available.
We will only send you e-mails with information in relation to any other products, special offers or competitions, if you have agreed that we can (sometimes referred to as an "opt-in"). You can sign up to receive notifications (by e-mail or by post) of our new collections, exclusive online offers and events on our Mulberry Updates page.
We will also only share your personal data with third parties (including companies in the Mulberry group) for them to send you marketing e-mails, if you have agreed that we can.
If you have registered for an account with us, and when shopping online on the Website or App, you have put items in your "Shopping Bag" and then abandoned them, we may send you e-mails to remind you of what you may be missing.
In any case, you can ask us to stop contacting you at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1761 234 273 or by using the unsubscribe option in each e-mail.
Use of personal data by Mulberry
The personal data that we collect about you may be transferred to, accessed, used or stored in, a country outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), either by us or by any of the third parties that we share your personal data with.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, access and use of your personal data outside the EEA.
Security of personal data
We care about your personal data and know that you trust us to keep it secure.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal data, and review those regularly.
Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data on transmission via the internet.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website or App (for example, for your Mulberry account), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Personal data and your rights
You have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
You also have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you.
If you would like to update, correct or access the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on email@example.com or +44 (0) 1761 234 273.
Third party sites
You can find more information on what cookies we use, how we use them, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on "Cookies" and in our Cookies Policy.
Our Website and App are not directed at, nor do we knowingly collect personal data from, people under the age of 13.
If you are a child, please do not attempt to register for a Mulberry product, or otherwise provide us with any personal data.
Competitions & Invitation Only Events
Terms & Conditions for Mulberry Competition(the "Promotion")
By taking part in this Promotion you, the customer, agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to take part in the Promotion, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The promoter of this Promotion is Mulberry Company (Design) Limited of The Rookery, Chilcompton, Bath, Somerset BA3 4EH ("Mulberry").
- The Promotion begins at 10:00 CET on Wednesday 3rd May and closes at 19:00 CET on Sunday 7th May 2017 (“the Promotion Period”).
- Entry to the Promotion can only be made by completing an Entry Form (“Entry Form”) in person in the Mulberry store at 50 New Bond Street, London. All requested details on the Entry Form must be provided and must be correct and accurate.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Promotion.
- Mulberry is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries.
- One winner will be randomly selected by Mulberry at the end of the Promotion Period and the winner will be contacted using the information provided on the Entry Form. Mulberry’s decision is final.
- Mulberry reserves the right to pick a replacement winner should the first winner not respond within 5 working days.
- The prize is (a) a tour of the Mulberry Factory at The Rookery in Chilcompton, Somerset for two people on a mutually agreed date within six months of the Promotion ending, (b) lunch for two at The Pig (Hunstrete, Pensford, Near Bath, BS39 4NS), (c) a choice of one Small Zipped Bayswater bag in Black Small Classic Grain Leather OR one Chiltern Small Messenger in Black Natural Grain Leather, (d) Standard class return train tickets from London Paddington to Bath Spa for two and (e) taxi transfers to The Rookery, The Pig and Bath Spa station for two people.
- The winner will receive lunch for two at The Pig, (Hunstrete, Pensford, Near Bath, BS39 4NS) to include a glass of champagne on arrival, a bottle of wine up to the value of £35, a three-course meal plus a side dish and coffee. The winner must cover the cost of any additional spend over and above these allowances.
- If the winner is unable to attend the Mulberry Factory and/or The Pig on the specified date, the winner shall still be entitled to receive the choice of product specified above but no additional elements of the prize.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond Mulberry’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, Mulberry is unable to provide the prize described in these Terms and Conditions, Mulberry reserves the right to award an alternative product or element of the prize of a similar nature and value at its sole discretion.
- The prize will be available for the winner to collect during their Factory Tour.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, the product cannot be exchanged or refunded via Mulberry’s website or stores and there is no cash alternative.
- The product received as the prize cannot be sold for commercial gain via any re-seller or re-selling website. If the prize is given away, the condition of the gift must be that the product cannot be subsequently sold on by the recipient.
- Mulberry may wish to use the winner’s name (and potentially a photograph) for editorial and publicity purposes on the Mulberry website, blog, email, social media or printed communications. It is a condition of entry to this Promotion that you agree to the use of your name, information and photograph in this way.
- Except otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions, normal Mulberry terms and conditions apply to the prize and the collection of any data.
- This Promotion is open to customers over the age of 18 years old, except for employees of Mulberry or any of its group of companies, employees of participating or associated companies, promotions agencies, anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion, and the families or household members of all of the above. ID may be required.
- Mulberry reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in accordance with all applicable laws or regulations, or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Mulberry that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Promotion. Neither Mulberry nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their reasonable control.
- Mulberry will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from customers’ participation in the Promotion or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Promotion. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Mulberry's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
- Entry to this Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales shall apply. By entering you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and laws.