We are committed to protecting your privacy and meeting the requirements of applicable data protection legislation.
When you shop on www.mulberry.com (the Website) which we own and maintain, we require information to process your order, ensure safe and secure delivery, and to make your visit to the Website a more enjoyable shopping experience.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Mulberry Company (Sales) Limited of The Rookery, Chilcompton, Somerset, BA3 4EH, England.
When you order from the Website, we will ask for your name, email address, delivery address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, registered address of the credit card (referred to on site as the “billing address”, credit card, CVC number the card's expiry date and a contact phone number for the registered address of the credit card. We and our partners will use these details to provide our and their services to you in fulfilling orders that you place with us. This may include us passing your information to our couriers in the event they need to contact you regarding your delivery and us passing your details to recognised credit checking agencies and/or credit card companies to assess your credit authorisation.
We may also obtain and use information about you as a result of authentication or identity checks (including your IP address). We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies outside of our group of companies.
Any data we do collect is used by us to help make the shopping experience we provide as enjoyable as possible and improve any future shopping experiences you have with us, and to send you details of any services or offers which we think might be of interest to you. We may contact you by email, telephone or by post with marketing information, but only if you have registered with us for such information and we will cease to do so if you later inform us that would not like to receive such information.
Finally, we may also collect anonymised details about visitors to the Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
By using our Website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by us, and also acknowledge and agree that we shall not be held responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent that we are required to accept such responsibility by the Data Protection Act 1998.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, who work for us or for one of our suppliers, group companies or franchisees. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your rights include the following:
• the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge; and
• the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to unsubscribe from any postal, telephone or email communications from us or exercise any other of the above rights please contact our Customer Services team.
Third party sites
If you would like to receive notifications by email or by post of our new collections, exclusive online offers and events, then please visit our Mulberry Updates page to subscribe.
Terms and conditions
[for online Mulberry Fairy Tale competition]
1. The closing date for this competition is 11:59pm on Sunday 22nd December 2013. Unless otherwise stated, entries must arrive by the published closing date for the competition. Entries received after this time will be disqualified.
2. Four winners will be chosen on total. Only 1 entry per person is permitted and you can pick any of the 10 items from the competition list.
3. The chosen winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 24 hours otherwise another winner will be chosen.
4. This competition is open to everyone over the age of 18 years old, except for employees within the Mulberry group of companies, participating or associated companies and promotions agencies, and the families of the any of the above. When contacted the winner will be required to provide evidence of being over 18 years old.
5. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. The prize is made up of 1 product selected from the list available, subject to availability. Prize value ranges from £795 – £2,000 depending on product selected. Mulberry reserves the right to select a similar/equivalent product should the selected one not be available.
7. Product availability depends on stock, and products may be substituted for the nearest match at Mulberry’s discretion. Mulberry does not guarantee delivery of the prize before the 25th December 2013.
8. The prize is not transferrable and there is no cash alternative.
9. The products received as the prize cannot be exchanged or refunded via the website or stores.
10. The products won as part of the prize cannot be sold for commercial gain via any re-seller or re-selling website.
11. Mulberry reserves the right to change the prize at any time. 12. Entry to this competition can only be made via the Mulberry website; all requested details must be provided and must be correct and accurate.
13. The winner will be drawn at random from all correct answered questions received. Mulberry's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Details of the winner may appear on the Mulberry website.
14. Mulberry is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries.
15. Mulberry may wish to use winners' names, details, photos and wish list for editorial and publicity purposes on the Mulberry website, blog, email, social media or printed communications. It is a condition of entry to this competition that you agree to this use of your name and information.
16. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
17. Except otherwise stated in these terms and conditions, normal Mulberry terms and conditions apply to the prize and the collection of any data.
18. Entry to this competition is governed by the laws of England and Wales. By entering you agree to be bound by the above rules and regulations.